25 Life Lessons for My 25th Birthday
Happy Birthday to me! To celebrate the occasion, I thought it would be fun to post some lessons I've learned over my life, some more important than others. I hope you enjoy!
1. Don't take yourself too seriously. It's good to have structure and plans, but they can be broken.
2. It's better to clean a little right away than to wait and have a ton of cleaning to do later.
3. Horror movies are the worst.
4. If you want to feel better in general, go outside and get fresh air.
5. God is so good. Don't just say it, live like it!
6. When you're surrounded by people, you want to be alone. When you're alone, you want to be with people. Just enjoy the season you're in instead of always being discontent.
7. Chocolate isn't life (15 year-old me would scream if she saw this).
8. Your parents are some of the best friends you'll have.
9. Expectations can ruin everything. Relationships, goals, jobs, the way you view yourself...
10. A made bed makes the whole room look cleaner.
11. Be yourself, and don't apologize for what you like or don't like. Other people might not get it, but they'll respect you more than if you just imitate them.
12. People always say college is the best time of your life. Don't let that be true. Your life has just begun, and you don't want the rest of your life after college to be subpar. (Also true for "Your wedding day is the best day of your life.")
13. If you're a little more patient, you'll cut out half your stress.
14. You are a writer! Don't doubt it!
15. Some things are worth the hard work, even if you don't get acknowledged for it.
16. Love others more than yourself. That means making a lot of sacrifices.
17. Friends come and go, but family will always be there.
18. There are few things on earth better than sweet tea.
19. You don't always know what's best.
20. God has a plan and purpose for everyone, even those people who don't look like it! Who are you to judge?
21. You love moving because it means you can redecorate and start fresh!
22. The world is so big and diverse. Enjoy as much of it as you can.
23. Memories over money. Always.
24. Towels and sheets some of the few things that are worth it to spend a little extra on.
25. Deep down, you'll always be excited about your birthday, no matter how old you'll be. Enjoy it!